Valentine's Day Information
Valentine's Day is approaching quickly, and we would like thank you for supporting our family business!
This year, we are offering a select number of seasonal, local and beautiful arrangements, shown here on our website. We promise our arrangements will be romantic, fresh, and the most beautiful you'll see around the city this Valentine's Day! Remember to place your order soon, as we are expecting to sell out early this year! To ensure morning delivery (before 12pm) on Friday February 13th or Saturday February 14th, please place your order with us by midnight on Thursday February 12th. If you are interested in a custom arrangement, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (415) 518-3030 and we will be happy to help!
- We can accommodate custom orders over the phone for Valentine's Day until midnight on Thursday February 12. After midnight on Feb. 12, all arrangements still available to order will be featured on our website.
Can I request a certain color or type of flower?
- Yes, until midnight on Thursday Feb. 12. After Feb. 12, we will no longer be able to accommodate custom orders or phone orders. However, the arrangements featured here on our website will still be available for delivery!
VALENTINE'S DAY DELIVERY TERMS
- We deliver within San Francisco city limits and to most zip codes within the Greater Bay Area. We deliver up to 60 miles outside of San Francisco - as far north as Sonoma, as far east as Brentwood, and as far south as San Jose! If you'd like to place a Valentine's Day order for delivery outside of San Francisco, please do so by midnight on Friday Feb. 13 (or by midnight on Thursday Feb. 12 for Friday Feb. 13 delivery).
What is your delivery fee?
- This year we have partnered with Shipbird to offer delivery to San Francisco and (just about) anywhere in the Bay Area for a flat rate of $15. Please see our Where We Deliver page for more information.
Can I choose a specific delivery time?
- While we will do our absolute best to deliver as close to your selected delivery time window as possible, we cannot 100% guarantee specific delivery times on Valentine's Day.
- We of course understand that our customers prefer early morning delivery, and will do our absolute best to make that happen! In order to ensure morning delivery, please order as far in advance as possible. All Valentine's Day orders placed in advance (by midnight on Thursday February 12) will be delivered between 8am and 12noon unless a later delivery time is requested. Orders placed on Friday February 13 for February 14 delivery will be delivered between 9am and 5pm PST (for business deliveries) and 9am and 7pm PST (for residential deliveries). We cannot schedule specific delivery times for same day deliveries, but will do our best to deliver as quickly as possible. Orders will be delivered in the order in which we receive them.
Where do you leave the flowers if the recipient is not at home?
- Please be as specific as possible in the delivery instructions. If the recipient address on the order form is incorrect, and we are unable to reach you (the sender) or the recipient via the phone numbers provided, your delivery will be rescheduled and redelivered on the next available date. Please make sure the recipient will be at home/work on the day for which the delivery is scheduled. We're sorry, but we cannot make multiple delivery attempts on Valentine's Day. For efficiency's sake, our couriers cannot contact the recipient to coordinate prior to delivery.
- Our couriers will do their absolute best to find a safe and secure place to leave the flowers at the recipient's house or apartment. If we leave them in a place where the recipient may not find it, we'll contact the recipient or yourself to let you know where we have left them. If we cannot find a safe place, we'll contact the recipient (if you include their phone number) to find out when they'll be available to receive them. If the recipient did not receive his or her flowers, please email us at email@example.com as we do occasionally have some theft issues - especially on Valentine's Day.
- We will place residential orders as securely as possible in front of the door if the recipient is not at home. If a secure place is not available, we will leave the arrangement with a neighbor or nearby business for evening pickup and alert the recipient of where to find them. If we are unable to deliver your arrangement on the day that you requested, we will contact you to reschedule your delivery for a date when the recipient will be able to receive the arrangement.
- Our guarantee does not apply to shipments delayed by conditions beyond our control including but not limited to: acts of God; severe weather conditions; acts of public enemies or terrorists; war; strikes; and civil commotion.
Do you deliver to apartment buildings?
Yes, but please note, it is very important to include a door code on the checkout form if the delivery address is a secure building. Depending on a particular building's accessibility, if the recipient is not at home, we may leave their flowers outside of the apartment door, in the mail room, or in the lobby.
Do you deliver to hospitals?
- Yes, however we recommend that you contact the hospital to confirm the recipient's room number prior to placing an order, as hospital policies on delivery vary widely. Please keep in mind that most ICU patients are not permitted to receive flowers.
What will our Valentine's Day Designer's Choice arrangements look like?
- This year, in addition to our signature arrangements (featured here on our website) and dozens of roses in every color we can imagine, we are offering a seasonal, locally-grown, burlap-wrapped mixed bouquet in five sizes, medium ($50), large ($75), extra large ($100), premium ($150), and deluxe ($200). Our organic vase arrangements start at $75. We are hoping to use some combination of roses (in colors other than red), casablanca lilies, cymbidium orchids, dendrobium orchids, calla lilies, snapdragon, grevellia, spray roses, garden roses, ranunculus, amaryllis, pincushion protea, gomphrena, iris, paper white, rosemary, eucalyptus, stargazer lily, protea, anamone, ornamental kale, veronica, camellia, tulips, hydrangea, gerbera daisies and various exotic flowers to create a romantic Valentine's themed bouquet that says "I love you" in the most elaborate and impressive way possible! We will be using the freshest "jumbo" long-stemmed roses our growers have to offer. Keep an eye out for our 3' tall exotic cymbidium orchids this year - we will be using them in many of our Large, Extra Large, Premium and Deluxe bouquets! Check out our Facebook and Yelp Photos sections for pictures of our previous arrangements.
- If you would like to know more about our flowers, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at (415) 518-3030.
Should I opt for a vase?
- We highly recommend our vase option if you are not certain the recipient will be able to place the flowers in water right away. Flowers should not be out of water for more than an hour or so. Please keep in mind that many deliveries are accepted by reception areas and mail rooms for security reasons, and it may be a few hours between the time the delivery is completed and the moment the recipient receives the flowers.
SAME DAY DELIVERY
- For Friday February 13 delivery, please order by midnight on Feb. 12. For Saturday February 14 delivery, please order by midnight on Feb. 13.
- We may have very limited availability to accept same-day delivery orders (online only) on Valentine's Day for local delivery within San Francisco city limits. We cannot take custom orders over the phone on February 13 or February 14, and those featured here on our website are the arrangements that are still available for pick up or delivery. :)
- It is extremely important to our family to answer our own phones. When you call Elizabeth's Flowers, you can be sure that you are speaking directly with the florist who will be arranging your flowers, and not with a call center or an FAQ-bot. However, we are a very small family team, and we will be rushing around arranging flowers on Valentine's Day. :) Please do email or call us with any questions or concerns and and rest assured that we will answer each and every phone call and email as quickly as humanly possible.
Will your flowers be available for pick up?
Yes! Please just let us know the time you would like to pick up in the Additional Information box at checkout, and we will refund your delivery fee. Please order by midnight the night before the date on which you would like to pick up your flowers.
How can I track the status of my order?
- To track your order, please visit the Order Status section. If you have a question or concern about the status of your order, we will be happy to help you by email: email@example.com. We are sorry, but we will not be able to provide order status updates over the phone on Feb. 13 or Feb. 14.
- If you have questions or concerns about your order, the best way to contact us is by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is by far the fastest and easiest way in which to receive a timely response. If you would prefer to call, please leave a message, and we will be with you as soon as we can! Our phone number is (415) 518-3030. If there is an issue with delivery, please rest assured that we will do everything in our power to resolve it as quickly as humanly possible.
- We have built our 25-year reputation on customer satisfaction. We guarantee that our flowers last at least one week. If you have any concerns at all, please give us a call or send us an e-mail and ask for Natalia. We will do everything we can to make things right.
- All flowers and colors are subject to seasonal and local availability. We reserve the right to substitute flowers of equal or greater value in any arrangement if necessary.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- Orders canceled with 24 hours notice will be issued a full refund. Orders canceled within 24 hours of the scheduled delivery date can be rescheduled for a later date of your choosing, but we cannot issue a refund in this case. If you would like to cancel a delivery scheduled for Saturday February 14, please contact us by midnight on Thursday February 12. If you would like to reschedule a Valentine's Day delivery, please contact us by midnight on Friday February 13. We cannot cancel, refund, reroute, or reschedule a delivery once it has left our store.