Valentine's Day Information
Valentine's Day is approaching quickly, and we would like thank you all for supporting our family business!
This year, during the week of February 8-14, we are offering a select number of seasonal arrangements shown here on our website (as well as dozens of roses in every color imaginable!). We promise our bouquets will be romantic, fresh, and the most beautiful you'll see around the city this Valentine's Week! Remember to place your order soon, as we are expecting to sell out early this year!
Please contact us at 1-415-518-3030 or firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order for Valentine's Week! If you are interested in placing an order for delivery this week, February 1-5, please place your order online, send us an e-mail, or give us a call - and visit our FAQ page for more information about our daily offerings.
You may be wondering why our prices are higher for the week of February 8-14 as compared to the cost of some of our regular offerings, and we would like to explain why. Due to an increase in demand, as well as higher labor and transport costs, flower growers and wholesalers raise their prices at least 2x during the week preceding Valentine's Day. In fact, prices on the flower market begin to increase two weeks before Valentine's Day. Therefore we must adjust our prices accordingly in order to be able to provide the same high quality bouquets our customers know and love during Valentine's Week.
We are a small, local, family owned and operated florist known for elaborate and impressive arrangements. We are a mother, father, daughter (and occasionally grandma!) team, and our family has over 100 years of combined floral design experience. We use locally grown and organic flowers and we carry rare, interesting, unusual and exotic blooms. All of our bouquets are one-of-a-kind and arranged by a floral designer with 27+ years of experience. We are located in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District and were established by Elizabeth, a Polish immigrant artist, in 1989.
OUR FLOWERS & FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
We use locally-grown, seasonal flowers of the highest quality. All of our bouquets are one-of-a-kind and consist of the freshest organic flowers.
We offer vase arrangements as well as burlap-wrapped bouquets in a variety of styles, from lush to modern, from 'prim and proper' to 'just picked from the garden', from traditional to wild, from high-style contemporary to tussie-mussie, from bold to understated, from abstract to freestyle, from formal to French handheld, from styled to gathered, and from minimalist to lavish. We are experienced in angular design, armature design, creative design, duo design, mono botanic design, multi rhythmic design, stretch design, tapestry design, underwater design, abstract creative design, Oriental line design, line-mass design, European mass design, assemblage and ikebana.
We use a wide variety of high-quality vases, most frequently Go Green recycled glass vases or handmade ceramic vases from Portugal and Poland. Our arrangements presented without a vase are wrapped in burlap and tied with twine, raffia, cloth ribbon or satin ribbon.
VALENTINE'S DAY ROSES
We source the most beautiful premium long-stemmed (60cm-70cm) roses possible (in red, pink, white, orange and yellow) and arrange them with modern accents, decorative branches and interesting foliage (absolutely no baby's breath here!). Our rose arrangements are either wrapped in stylish burlap or presented in a high quality clear glass or ceramic vase. We aim to create the most elaborate and impressive rose arrangements, with plenty of wow-factor, to stun and delight your loved ones this Valentine's Week.
1 Dozen Roses (Burlap-Wrapped) $85
1 Dozen Roses (In a Vase) $100
1.5 Dozen Roses (Burlap-Wrapped) $130
1.5 Dozen Roses (In a Vase) $145
2 Dozen Roses (Burlap-Wrapped) $170
2 Dozen Roses (In a Vase) $185
3 Dozen Roses (Burlap-Wrapped) $255
3 Dozen Roses (In a Vase) $270
4 Dozen Roses (Burlap-Wrapped) $340
4 Dozen Roses (In a Vase) $355
5 Dozen Roses (Burlap-Wrapped) $425
5 Dozen Roses (In a Vase) $440
100 Roses (Burlap-Wrapped) $735
100 Roses (In a Vase) $750
*We offer Deluxe and Premium versions of all of our rose arrangements as well, which feature cymbidium, dendrobium, and/or phalaenopsis orchids.
*We offer "modern" versions of our classic rose arrangements as well, which feature roses arranged sans foliage in a low clear glass vase.
*For examples of our rose arrangements, please see our photos section here: http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/elizabeths-flowers...
VALENTINE'S DAY DESIGNER'S CHOICE ORGANIC MIXED BOUQUETS
In addition to our signature dozens of roses, we are offering a locally-grown, designer's choice mixed bouquets, starting at $50, featuring various combinations seasonal flowers such as roses, garden roses, casablanca lilies, cymbidium orchids, dendrobium orchids, cascading phalaenopsis (moth) orchids, calla lilies, snapdragon, lisianthus, pincushion protea, freesia, stargazer lilies, protea, ornamental kale, tulips, hyacinth, hydrangeas, gerbera daisies, stock, curly willow, wax flower, eucalyptus and various accent flowers, greenery, decorative branches and foliage to create a romantic Valentine's themed bouquet that says "I love you" in the most elaborate and impressive way possible! We take great care to design each arrangement slightly differently, ensuring that each of our bouquets is truly one-of-a-kind. We don't believe in an assembly-line approach to creating beautiful bouquets of flowers, as who would want to receive the same arrangement as hundreds or thousands of other women (and men!) on Valentine's Day?
- Baby Burlap $50
(12" total height / ~10 stems)
- Regular $75
(12" total height / ~20 stems)
- Deluxe $125
(18" total height / ~30 stems)
- Premium $175
(24" total height / ~40 stems)
- Regular $75
(5" square or round clear glass vase / 8"-10" total height)
- Deluxe $125
(6" square or round clear glass vase / 12"-16" total height)
- Premium $175
(8"-12" clear glass or ceramic vase / 18"-24" total height)
*We also offer elaborate and impressive GRAND versions of our burlap-wrapped bouquets and vase arrangements (priced at $225, $275, and $325) for those would would like their bouquet to make an even larger impression!
*All descriptions are approximate.
*Custom "in-between" sizes are available.
*Please note, we highly recommend our vase option if you are not certain the recipient will be able to place the flowers in water right away. Flowers should not be out of water for more than an hour or so.
We offer cascading phalaenopsis (moth) orchid plants in a variety of colors (white, purple, etc.), accented with decorative branches and moss, and presented in ceramic pots or rustic wooden vessels.
1 Orchid Plant $50
2 Orchid Plants $100
3 Orchid Plants $150
Orchid Plant Arrangement (GRAND) $300
- We offer a wide variety of custom burlap-wrapped and vase arrangements in addition to those featured on our website, starting at $75. If you have something specific in mind, please give us a call and we will do our absolute best to accommodate your wishes! Some of the flowers currently in season are roses (in red, pink, white, orange and yellow), casablanca lilies, cymbidium orchids, dendrobium orchids, cascading phalaenopsis (moth) orchids, calla lilies, snapdragon, lisianthus, pincushion protea, freesia, stargazer lilies, protea, ornamental kale, tulips, hydrangea, gerbera daisies, stock, curly willow, wax flower, eucalyptus and various types of greenery and foliage. We are committed to using only the freshest locally-grown flowers; thus we cannot source flowers which are not currently in season. Please note, for custom orders, stem count and size of arrangements may vary from our standard offerings, as certain flowers are more expensive than others. The number of stems is dependent on the type and cost of flowers in the arrangement.
DELIVERY TO BUSINESSES
For business deliveries, kindly leave a suite number and/or floor number and/or company name in addition to the address of the building. Please keep in mind that most floral deliveries are accepted by reception areas and mail rooms (the staff of which are tasked with alerting company employees to incoming packages) for security reasons, and there may be a delay between the time a delivery is completed by our courier and the time your recipient receives their flowers. (Financial District reception staff process hundreds if not thousands of floral deliveries during Valentine's Week!)
DELIVERY TO RESIDENCES
For residential deliveries, we will place orders as securely as possible in front of the door if the recipient is not at home. Please include as much information as possible to help our courier complete the delivery successfully by including detailed delivery information (such as door codes, who to leave the order with and/or who to call if the recipient is unavailable, building entry instructions, etc.) in the order notes during the check-out process. Please be aware that certain high-security apartment buildings are inaccessible to delivery personnel without a door code. Please let us know if you would like our couriers to leave floral arrangements in the care of neighbors or nearby businesses for later pick up if they determine that there is no secure place to leave the flowers and the recipient is unreachable at the phone number provided at the time of delivery (as well as alert the recipient of their floral arrangement's location). Please note, we cannot coordinate with recipients prior to delivery nor can our couriers make multiple delivery attempts during Valentine's Week. We highly recommend scheduling deliveries to business addresses if you are uncertain that your recipient will be available to receive their flowers at their residence during regular business hours (on February 8-12) or that your recipient's building is accessible to delivery personnel when he or she is not at home. If we are unable to complete a delivery despite our best efforts to access the building and coordinate with the recipient, we will contact the sender for further instructions (i.e. to reroute the delivery to a different address or to reschedule the delivery for another date or time). Please rest assured that our couriers exhaust all possible options to make sure your flowers arrive promptly at their destination!
DELIVERY TO INSTITUTIONS
We deliver to hospitals, schools, universities, hospice care facilities, retirement centers, funeral homes, rectories, churches, hotels, restaurants, and convention centers. (For hospital deliveries, please be aware that most ICU patients are not permitted to receive flowers. With regard to educational institutions, please keep in mind that most schools/universities do not allow classroom deliveries for students; these deliveries must be directed to dormitories. For hotel delivery, please provide us with the name of the person under which the reservation was made in addition to the name of the recipient. Hotel deliveries are typically accepted by a reception area, bell desk, concierge or doorman. Restaurant deliveries are typically accepted by a host/hostess or manager.)
We only deliver within San Francisco city limits.
Our delivery fee is $15.
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Saturday - Sunday 9am-5pm
- Please note, on Saturday February 13 and Sunday February 14, we will have availability to fulfill pre-orders only. We will not have stock for walk-in retail sales and will be closed to the public on these days. We may have availability to accept same day delivery and pick up orders.
Our Valentine's Week delivery time windows are as follows:
- While we will do our absolute best to deliver as close to your selected delivery time window as possible, we cannot 100% guarantee specific delivery time requests during Valentine's Week. If your order is extremely time-sensitive, please contact us at (415) 518-3030 or email@example.com.
- All delivery orders must be pre-ordered via this website, by e-mail, or by phone and prepaid via credit/debit card or PayPal. We cannot accept walk-in orders at our retail location for Valentine's Week, and we do not have a "cash on delivery" option.
- In order to ensure morning delivery, please order as far in advance as possible. Orders placed by noon may be delivered in the morning (before 12pm) on the following day. Orders placed after noon may be delivered between 12pm and 5pm on the following day (unless a later delivery time is requested).
- We cannot accept requests for delivery times prior to 9am or after 7pm.
SAME DAY DELIVERY
- Our Valentine's Week same day delivery cut-off time is 12pm (noon), or until sold out.
- During the week of February 8-14, our same day delivery window will be 9am-5pm. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee more specific delivery time requests for same day deliveries during Valentine's Week. To ensure morning delivery, please place your order by 12pm (noon) on the day prior to your desired delivery date.
We deliver rain or shine!
- If you would prefer to pick up your flowers, please select the pick up option at check-out. You (or your recipient) are welcome to pick up at our Financial District location at any time between 9am and 5pm Monday through Sunday (February 8-14). Please place pick up orders by 5pm on the day prior to your desired pick up date. We may have limited availability to accept same day orders for pick up. Please allow us up to 4 hours to prepare your arrangement.
- All pick up orders must be pre-ordered via this website, by e-mail, or by phone and prepaid via credit/debit card or PayPal. We cannot accept walk-in orders at our retail location for Valentine's Week, and we do not have a "payment on pick up" option.
- If you are experiencing an issue with your delivery, please reach out to us and will we be glad to help! The most common issue with business deliveries is that an order was received on a recipient's behalf, but the person who signed for it has not yet alerted the recipient to its arrival. If your delivery was scheduled for a particular time frame, and you have not yet heard from the recipient, your order mostly likely remains in the care of the company's or building's reception area, security desk, or mail room.
- If you have questions or concerns about your order, the best way to contact us is by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is by far the fastest and easiest way in which to receive a timely response. If it is more convenient for you to give us a call, please leave us a message, and we will be with you as soon as we can! Our phone number is (415) 518-3030. If there is an issue with delivery, please rest assured that we will do everything in our power to resolve it to your satisfaction.
- It is extremely important to our family to answer our own phones. When you call Elizabeth's Flowers, you can be sure that you are speaking directly with the florist who will be arranging your flowers, and not with a call center or an FAQ-bot. However, we are a very small family team, and we will be rushing around arranging flowers on Valentine's Day. :) Please do email or call us with any questions or concerns and and rest assured that we will answer each and every phone call and email as quickly as humanly possible.
- We have built our 27-year reputation on customer service, and we guarantee that our flowers will last at least one week. If you have any concerns at all, please give us a call or send us an e-mail. We will do everything we can to make things right.
- Our guarantee does not apply to shipments delayed by conditions beyond our control including but not limited to: acts of God; severe weather conditions; acts of public enemies or terrorists; war; strikes; and civil commotion.
- All flowers and colors are subject to seasonal and local availability. Due to seasonal and local variations of flowers and colors available, bouquets may differ from those shown. If a particular type of flower or vase is unavailable, we may substitute a similar element of equal or greater value to preserve the look and feel of our featured arrangements, with our designers paying careful attention to overall shape, size, style, and color combinations.
- With regard to our mixed bouquets, arrangements on the website are samples of our work only and represent the overall shape, size, style and basic color combinations. Although specific varieties of flowers are defined in the description, we do reserve the right to make substitutions on the rare occasion that market conditions affect flower availability, but will maintain the integrity of the proposed look, feel, and color scheme and will use flowers of equivalent value.
- Orders cancelled with 24 hours notice are eligible for a full refund. Orders cancelled within 24 hours may be rescheduled for another date or the purchaser may receive a store credit for the full amount. Please note, we cannot cancel, refund, reroute, or reschedule a delivery once it has left our store.
- Keep fresh flowers away from drafts and extreme temperatures, which can quickly dry out the flowers and cause wilting.
- If your flowers came in burlap, remove this as soon as possible, and place your flowers in a vase full of lukewarm water.
- Do not place your arrangement near fruit or in the path of cigarette smoke. The ethylene gas is detrimental to many flower types.
- Avoid placing flower arrangements in windowsills and other areas with full sun where flowers can wilt due to overheating.
- Most flowers will last longer under cool conditions. (Please keep in mind that most businesses turn off their air-conditioning over the weekend; this creates a less-than-optimal environment for flowers, which thrive in cooler conditions.)
- Keep your vase filled with water! All flower and foliage stems should be submerged. Flowers stay fresher, longer when they have an ample amount of water. Immediately remove dead or wilting leaves and stems from fresh flower arrangements.
- Change the water in the vase as often as possible. (First remove any dead or dying flowers from the arrangement. After carefully removing the good flowers, clean the vase thoroughly with soapy water to remove any bacteria that could cause the fresh flowers to deteriorate. Be sure to rinse thoroughly. Replace the water and mix in the flower preservative provided with your arrangement, according to the instructions on the packet. For best results, cut stems with a sharp knife at an angle about one to two inches from the bottom. This allows them to better absorb water. Do not use scissors to cut your flowers because they can crush the stems and prevent water absorption. Place loose stems or wrapped bouquets of fresh flowers in your water mixture as soon as possible.)
REVIEWS & SOCIAL MEDIA